9/13/11

Butterfly Birthday Cards

I seem to be stuck on the butterfly theme lately. I am really enjoying using the negative part of the die cuts as windows in the cards. It’s so easy! I got a new Amuse butterfly die set and had to break it in. A couple of friends had birthdays coming up so I had a good reason to do it.

I used all 3 of the dies plus a Martha Stewart punch on this one. I know, there should only be 3 elements instead of 4, but I had to put something in that white space on the top left. I just couldn’t stand it.

2021-1

This one uses just one of the Amuse butterflies and a ribbon technique I learned from someone’s blog recently. The ribbon is attached flat all the way across, the bow is made with the Bow Easy and the brad is used to attach the bow to the ribbon and secure it all to the card stock. That way it looks like the bow is actually tied on the ribbon. If I can find the link to the tutorial I will post it soon.

2022

Paper: Memory Box
Dies: Amuse (butterflies), Spellbinders (Grommet Tags, oval)
Sentiments: Close to My Heart, Hero Arts

I hope you are having a wonderful week and thanks for stopping in.

3 comments:

  1. Again, had to laugh at you not being able to stand the white spot in the corner and the statement about 3's not 4! I too am bothered by blank spaces so I so know what you are talking about. And I too think about that rule of 3 and sometimes I just say #&$* the rule and do what I think looks best! LOL Hope you are well! Thanks for posting. . . I was running out of funny "where are you" comments! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that butterfly punch and the way you are using it and your ribbon and bow look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.