12/15/11

At last!

Christmas cards!! Done. Now all I have to do is stamp the backs, insert some white card stock on the dark ones, sign them, address and stamp them, and get them to the PO. Whew. I’m tired already.

I cranked up the Silhouette for this one. The trees and “merry” are both cut from designs for the Silhouette. The trees were downloaded from the online Silhouette store and I created “merry” by typing a font and welding the letters together. The background is a Hero Arts stamp, stamped with the awesome Tsukineko Delicata gold ink. No embossing necessary and it actually dries pretty quickly. I love that stuff and I hope they are making a silver version. So far all they have is gold. The “& bright” is embossed in gold and it is a Hero Arts stamp from one of the smaller Sparkle Clear sets from last year, I think. I cut it in half and didn’t use the “Merry” part of it.

009

Let me just say now that Pinterest is a wonderful place for inspiration and I spend a LOT of time there. That’s where I got the inspiration for this card. I used the PTI zig zag die and Taylored Expressions Trim the Tree die, along with a Hero Arts sentiment. A few gems, a little red Stickles on the tree, tie some twine on the tree trunk and there you go. Christmas card. Done.

011

I also made some in blue, just because I could. I think I used burgundy Stickles on this tree. I do love that little die set. I will be making more cards with it before I am through this year.

010

That’s all I have for today, but I will be posting more cards tomorrow and next week, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.