12/31/11

Happy New Year!

I have to say that I will be glad to usher this year out and be done with it. It has been one of the worst years for our family and my hope is that things will begin to change for the better. They already have in several ways and I am grateful for that. My wish is that 2012 bring health, happiness, peace, and prosperity to each and every one of us.

Making New Years resolutions is not something I usually do, since I am often too good at setting myself up for failure - lose 30 lbs., get more exercise, eat healthier, read more books, spend less time in front of the computer…..like any of that ever happens. But I have decided that I need to spend more time being creative and journaling on a regular basis, maybe even trying a little art journaling. I am also committed to commenting on more blog posts this year. I am a lurker more than a commenter and I have seen so many wonderful cards and projects but left very few compliments. That’s not fair. It is a bit of work to create blog posts, not to mention the creations which are posted, and at the very least they deserve the few moments it takes to leave an encouraging comment. I am also going to cut down my blog reading list so that I don’t spend all my time blurfing and none of it creating. I have added a few journaling and inspirational blogs to my list. I found some good posts on the New Year and wanted to share a few of the links here, for those of you who might be interested.

Amy Oscar - The Edge of the Year

17 Ways to Be Happier in 2012

How to Craft a Vision You Won’t Give Up On

30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself

This is one of my favorite blogs - The Warm Milk Journal

My hope for this brand new year is that I can become more hopeful and optimistic, looking for the good in things rather than the not-so-good. I would like to worry less and be happy more. Be grateful for what I have, which is an awful lot, and spend less time wanting more. Spend time with family and friends, both near and far, because that’s what’s most important in life.

I would love to hear your resolutions and hopes for 2012, if you’d like to share them with me. Thank you all for stopping by my blog. There may be some changes this year, I am not sure what kind just yet, so stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. All great thoughts, Jackie! I'm not one for resolutions, either......

    Wishing you a bright New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jacki! I know how you feel about setting yourself up for failure with resolutions, so this year I'm going easy on myself - follow my heart in all things! My instincts are wrong sometimes, but that is also the road to learning so it's not really a bad thing. If you are ever visiting in Colorado, be sure to let me know as I'd love to meet you! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning and Happy New year! Hope your new family member is doing well this morning. I looked at your paragraph about your hopes for the brand new year and they are mine as well. I want to enjoy life this year, stop trying to change things that aren't going to change and re-discover myself and what makes me happy. So my New Years wish for you is to that your wishes for the New Year come true! Much happiness to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie! First of all, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I enjoy your beautiful work too! Love your post today - so many good things to strive for in the new year. It sounds like you could use a better, happier year, and I hope that happens for you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great, just great. Now that you've decided to cut BACK on your blog readings, I've added two more from your list to MY reader. *shakes fist*

    Your personal goals sound very attainable! I have decided that since I've stopped teaching classes every month and also I won't be doing the weekly farmers' markets this summer for the first summer in 9 years, I need something to keep me focused and off the couch. :) I plan to pick a few challenges from the loooong list of challenge blogs in my Reader and do them religiously.

    I also hope to be better at promoting my Etsy shop and maybe SELL something there before it expires. A girl can dream.

    I look forward to following your progress this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this with me, its been a hard year for me too (professionally, personally)and I fervently wish that 2012 is better for all of us. My resolution, to try to get back some of my spirit - which seems to be battered, bruised, squashed like a bug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I want to thank you for the nice comment you left on my blog yesterday. It was a hard thing to share for me, and your comment really helped. Thank you! And about your post, I share some of the resolutions, like comment on more blogs. I am like you, a lurker, and I dont think it is fair, so hopefully we will be able to change that. I wish you the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great links...thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.