12/14/11

No Christmas cards yet...

But can I interest you in a birthday card? The mess on my work table is still there, lots of pieces and parts waiting to be transformed into cards but I had to stop working on Christmas to make a birthday card. One which will arrive late, I'm afraid. I knew the birthday was coming up, it's in my calendar on my computer and it reminds me, but because procrastination is one of my specialties I didn't get around to making it until today (her birthday is tomorrow). I wish I was one of those people who could whip up a card in 10 minutes or less, instead of the 2+ hours it usually takes me. But I'm not. I should have started earlier. By the time I was finished the light was gone and so was the mail carrier. I took the photo anyway but the card won't get in the mail until tomorrow, so it will be late. Boo.

Submitted for your approval...


I used a brand new Just Rite set named Topsy Turvy Cakes. I had to have this one. I heard it calling to me. It kept saying, "Take me home. Ink me up. Make pretty things with me."...over and over and over again. Who could resist that, I ask you. Don't look at me like that, I know stamps have spoken to you before. Don't even try to deny it.

The index is printed in pretty colors, and I am a sucker for pretty colors. I tried several times to color it exactly like the cover photo, but I suspect they used a computer graphics program to color it. I'm sure there are Copic masters who could duplicate it exactly, but I am not one of them. I am, however, quite happy with the way it turned out. I used several different kinds of markers, see the list below. I love my Copics but they really need to work on the purples and pinks. I used Letraset for the purple and a Tria marker for the pink. You can't see it, but I added a little glitter pen to the yellow dots. The photo is a little off color-wise, it's much prettier in person. I can't figure out why my fancy schmancy camera has so much trouble with purple and red/pink. I did do a little color correction but still didn't get it exactly right.

Maybe tomorrow I can jump back on the Christmas card bandwagon with both feet and get them done so I can mail them before Christmas! Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?


Stamps: Topsy Turvy Cakes by JustRite, sentiment is from an unknown small clear set, might be Inkadinkado
Markers: Copic - B04, Y38, Y35; Letraset Orchid and Leaf Green; Tria R8; Copic Spica Sky Blue; Martha Stewart Glitter Pen in gold
Spellbinders Lacy Circles, Ribbon Banners, and Labels 18
Martha Stewart border punch - Scallop Dot
Sizzix Textured Impressions folder
Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass

1 comment:

  1. I love how you can make all these colors work together. Mine always look awful. :(

    And I can't photograph purple with my camera, either. It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.