12/21/11

Poinsettias and trees

Not a lot of sparkle or bling on these last cards, just lots of red and green.

I love this new Layered Poinsettia die from Spellbinders. It is a little difficult to get out of the die after it’s cut and embossed - even if it’s not embossed - but then most of their dies are that way. Why? Does anyone know? Does anyone care? Probably not. Anyway…I sponged the petals with some Fired Brick Distress ink before I pried them loose and I really like the look. The patterned paper is Basic Grey from last year and I only have a few sheets left so I use it sparingly. Why do we feel the need to hoard paper? You do it, too, I know you do. It’s not going to multiply in the drawers, so at some point we will use the last piece. But not today. No siree.

008

More Tsukineko Delicata gold ink on this card. The edge was punched with a Martha border punch and the layer popped up on foam tape. The wispy ferns are Martha and McGill punches.

023

I tried to capture the shimmery goodness of this ink and this is the best I could do. If your LSS has some you really should buy it, you will fall in love with it. We need to start a petition to Tsukineko for a silver version. Have you seen that commercial….Can I have a puppy, can I have a puppy, can I have a puppy???? Be persistent. Wear them down, I say.

025

A closer view of the poinsettia - so much texture, I love it! That’s a big gold pearl in the center of the flower, from one of the $1 packages of bling at AC Moore.

028

Another CASE of a Tami Hartley card from last year here. I just cut a triangle from some Bazzill paper, stamped a damask design (yep, Hero Arts again) on it, and sponged a little Peeled Pain Distress ink around the edges. Too easy. The hardest part was getting the triangle the right shape. It’s not as easy as I thought it would be. Once I got it right, I saved a template so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel every time I need another one. I do have a good idea now and again.

017

This is the last of them, along with my wish for your holidays…..filled with happiness!

012

Thanks for stopping by and I hope the New Year bring us all peace, happiness, and love.

Party on, people.

4 comments:

  1. Great cards - thanks heaps for the inspiration for
    next year!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these. I SWEAR I had that (or A) poinsettia die, but it has gone missing! I have this one on my wish list now. I'll find the first one right after I buy the new one.

    And yes, some of my dies stick, but not all of them. I'm glad someone else has to pry them out. Grrr.

    Happy Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poinsettias are beautiful! However I am majorly in love with that single tree card with the bow. That is AWESOME. I've got that tucked away for a card design for next year! Great stuff! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very creative and beautiful and one of them is mine!!!!! :-D I love that poinsettia!!! The ribbon trim is awesome too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.