12/18/11

Put a little bling in your Christmas

I do love sparkly things and Christmas cards are the perfect showcase for them, don’t you think? I can’t resist adding a little extra bling and I break out the heat tool for embossing a little more often this time of year, too. It helps keep me warm while I’m crafting on these cold winter nights.

This one is so sparkly, I wish it showed up better in photographs. I love this embossing powder! It’s Stardust from Stampendous and it really shines. The die is from Memory Box, it’s called Country Landscape, and I added a little Stardust Stickles to the edge, trees and house roofs for snow. Is the plural of roof rooves? Hooves is the plural of hoof, right? I give up. Anyway, there’s a pretty stardust-y theme going on with this card! Do you think it needs something? A sentiment across the bottom? I’m no good with white space. I feel the need to fill it up with something. Maybe I better get these mailed quick, before I try to add something.

I found the inspiration for this card on Jenny’s blog, Crafting the in Country. Check this card out, using the same Memory Box die. Gorgeous!! Why didn’t I think of that??

013

I was trying to get a good angle to capture the sparkly goodness and got lucky with this shot.

015

More bling and embossing. Hero Arts tree, embossed with gold detail powder and encrusted with jewels. Ok, so they are actually craft store rhinestones. In my world they are jewels. Torn edges adorned with Stardust Stickles for the snow banks and the sentiment is………….wait for it…….Hero Arts! Again! So is the music background, stamped with Memories White ink, as well as the starry background, stamped with Memento Desert sand. I sponged a little ink around the edges, too. SeaShell Sandal, I think. I might have found the inspiration piece on the Hero Arts Flickr group or on Pinterest, I really don’t remember.

018

A little close up of the precious gems.

019

Same thing, different stamp. I’m not even going to tell you who makes it, I think you already know.

020

Are you tired of Christmas cards yet? I hope not, because I have a few more to show you tomorrow. See you then. Shine on, people.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Memory Box die! I've made a similar card, and put a sentiment bottom right - same issues with white space.

    And I was tired of C;mas cards by Nov 1st. I made one a week for 48 weeks with the Jingle Belles and I'm pretty over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie, thank goodness for blogger stats or I would never have seen your beautiful card :)
    I love the sparkly snow on the silhouette scene and that glint caught on camera is so clever :)
    Your blinged up trees are fabulous too.
    I think I'm all done with Christmas cards now but I should really go on making one a week all through the year to avoid the last minute rush!
    Thanks for the shout out and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year :)
    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to see this card using the Memory Box die (and the card you linked to. I just ordered it and the one with the 3 deer. I plan on making "Winter" card sets for friends and neighbors using this die. Your card is beautiful and that one photo of the "star" is so amazing. Your other cards are beautiful too. I love your gold embossing. Thanks for sharing these! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.