12/20/11

That’s All, Folks!

This is the last of the Christmas cards. My room is all clean and straightened up again, Christmas stamps put away till next year, and the cards are in the mail. Whew!

Isn’t he adorable? And so easy to make, too. I found him over on Cindy Lawrence’s blog, complete with instructions, and just had to make a couple of them. I used suede paper rather than card stock, to give his beard, ‘stache, and hat a fuzzy feel, but other than that I followed her instructions. I also made a template for it so I can make it again next year.

IMG_0006

This one was inspired by Sharon Harnist. Don’t you just love her work? I didn’t have the poinsettia stamp that she used, so I used an older swirly Hero Arts stamp instead. The stamps are from Gina K Designs and I colored them with Copics (R29 and YG95), and added 3 gems to the center of the ornament. The border was punched using a Martha border punch and I threaded a little green ribbon through it, made a bow on the Bow Easy and attached it with a glue dot. Am I the only one that wished they would make the “legs” on the Bow Easy a little longer, to make it easier to use with wider ribbon?? How hard can that be? I know they have a larger one but it makes larger bows. I want to make the small-ish bows but just use a little wider ribbon sometimes. I know, I’m the difficult one.

IMG_0007

Last, but not least, a CAS design. I could have made it a one layer card, but it just didn’t seem substantial enough so I layered it up on some red card stock and then on to the card. The trees are by Penny Black (Snow Dust) and I stamped them using that gorgeous Tsukineko Delicata ink. The shine doesn’t show up here, but it sure is beautiful in person. The sentiment is from PTI, embossed with clear powder for a little more shine.

IMG_0009

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Winter Solstice…..keep calm and party on. Time to get started on Valentine cards now?

4 comments:

  1. The santa card is so cute and the other two are beautiful. You have so busy, I envy your clean room....mine is a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! What a treat to the eyes! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More awesome cards! That Santa face is adorable, and I love the gold embossing with the red, and finally, your ribbon treatment on the middle one is gorgeous. Great stuff AGAIN! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love them all, but that Santa is outstanding for Christmas fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.