2/8/12

Happy Birthday!

To my wonderful daughter, who turns 27 today. Where does the time go?? It seems like just yesterday she was running around in just her little ruffled panties and playing with Barbie dolls. Fortunately she doesn’t run around that way anymore and I have no idea what happened to all of those Barbie dolls!

Anyway, I made some cupcakes and a card to celebrate. Devil’s Food cupcakes with peanut butter frosting, and a card I CASEd (what?? you’re surprised??) from here.

IMG_0182-1IMG_0184

It took several hours between the punching and the gluing, and the measuring and the cutting… and the removing the grass from the back of the card because I put the inside piece on upside down - with Scor-Tape!….sigh. Luckily the grass was the only piece I had stuck down and I was able to remove it, but I did have to add a blue piece of card stock to the back to cover the parts that came off when I removed it. It was actually a fun card to make and since I was only making one, and it was for my baby girl, I didn’t mind how long it took.

I used the SU owl punch, some shredding scissors, a Hero Arts wood grain stamp, pom poms for the party hats (stuck on with Glossy Accents), googlie eyes on the owls, and an SU Sizzlet die for the leaves. I had cut the birthday sign and I didn’t have the right color or size of brad from which to hang said sign, I coated one with Versamark and embossed it with some copper embossing powder. Of course, I had already adhered the tree trunk to the front, so I cut the legs off of the brad and stuck it down with several glue dots on top of the twine - which was already stuck down with another glue dot. All this was done while trying to keep my darling kitty, Mr. Sheldon, out of the way and off of my work table. Fun was had by all!

Happy Birthday, sweetie!

4 comments:

  1. This whole endeavor sounds so much like what I go through on a regular basis! LOL Your final product is "da bomb"! I'm going to have to try a version of this because it is over the top clever! Great job on this and Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! so many wonderful details. Happy Birthday to your daughter :). they grow up way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA, OMG, I do this ALL. THE. TIME!!! Nice save! (and my baby turned 24 this month. ;/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.