2/14/12

Happy Valentine’s Day

IMG_0192

I just had to get out the Glitter Ritz one more time and do a little fancy schmancy glittering. I used the Marvy scalloped heart punch again and punched 3 hearts along the bottom of the card. I would like to tell you that I measured very carefully, but the truth is that I just got lucky. I did mark the center of the card and punch that heart first, then just eyeballed the other two. There were 2 other attempts that didn’t make the cut, but this one turned out pretty well.

I put Scor-Tape behind the openings, die cut small hearts (Cuttlebug Die) from some of the protective liner of the Scor-Tape and placed them in the centers of the hearts. I applied the red glitter (Glitter Ritz Fire Red), burnished it down really well and then removed the small hearts and added the Cool Highlight glitter. Here’s a close up of the glittery goodness. While I was editing the photos I could see that a tiny bit of the red glitter got into the centers, but it isn’t very visible to the naked eye, so I’m cool with it.

IMG_0204

The sentiment is an old dollar stamp from the Big M that I’ve had for a couple of years, at least. I added some red and white ribbon, a black layer behind the while and stuck it all down to a red card. And so another one bites the dust.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, this is such a pretty card! I love your beautiful, glittery hearts! Happy Valentine's Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty and sparkly! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.