3/30/12

Blue, Green, and Purple

What a lovely combination, don’t you think? Not all on the same card, necessarily. In my usual style of if-it-works-make-them-in-lots-of-color-combinations, I present to you 2 versions of the same design. Again. Inspired by something I saw online somewhere. Again.

The first one is made with more Viola Memory Box papers, layered on to a piece of black card stock, and the border was done with an EK Success border punch. The sentiment is a Hero Arts stamp. I do own other stamps and stamp sets, believe it or not, but I gravitate towards the Hero Arts most of the time, for some unknown reason. The ribbon is actually seam binding that I purchased at the CK convention last year. It was all I could do to cut it up because I have just a couple of yards of each color. It is surprising to me that none of the fabric stores carry it. Weird, huh?

Now that I look at it, this card does have all 3 colors of green, purple, and blue. Ha!

2042

Oh, look, I used a non-Hero Arts stamp on this one! Impression Obsession, to be exact, one of their Cover-a-Card background stamps. I stamped it with Versamark and embossed it with clear powder on 2 different colors of card stock, cut them to size and layered them on black, just like the other card. I used a different border punch this time, and old SU punch. I love that the double sided May Arts ribbon goes so well with these colors, too.

2044

That’s all I’ve got for today. I hope you are all having a good week!

5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIUFL cards...LOVE them both but especially the IO stamped one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I think it is great that you make more than one of your cards to show how it can be changed up...very creative! I like both cards, but the second is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting pictures of these. I saw that top one on Thursday and knew I needed to CASE it!! Thanks for the inspiration! I seem to reach for the Hero Arts too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, I found you and this lovely blog through Dixie. Thank you Dixie. I love these cards and so many other of your beautiful cards I've seen here this morning. I told Dixie and I will have to tell you that these two cards are BEGGING to be CASED. Thanks for some great inspiration. Nice to meet you (so to speak)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your layout and your colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.