I’ve seen it done on lots of blogs and websites, and have done it myself in the past but had forgotten about it until lately. I saw this card and had to have that folder. Had to! Well, I got it but I am sad to report that I did not have the same luck with the folder that she did. I wasted more than a couple of sheets of card stock trying to get that folder to emboss without badly wrinkling or even tearing the paper in some spots. I did finally manage to do that (I won’t tell you how many naughty words were used that day), but when I tried coloring the embossed parts they didn’t quite turn out the way I had envisioned. The Sizzix folders are thicker than the Cuttlebug folders. I tried several different combinations of clear plates, embossing pads, shims, etc. It was an adventure. A frustrating one.
That folder was part of a set, and this folder was the other one in the set. It did emboss a little too deeply, too, but not quite as much as the other one. I colored the raised parts with Copic markers, which was much easier on this one. I am pretty happy with the results.
I haven’t given up on the the other folder, I’ve just decided to stop torturing myself for a while and move on to less stressful things. I will win, in the end. Or the folder could end up a pile of plastic pieces in the round file. We’ll just have to see how that turns out, stay tuned.