3/5/12

A Couple of Clean and Simple Cards

Hi, my name is Jackie and I am addicted to Pinterest. (Hi, Jackie) Yes, it’s true, I spend way too much time trolling Pinterest for new and interesting card ideas, as well as recipes, green and inexpensive cleaning solutions, and lots of other stuff. These are just a few cards inspired by designs found there.

The first two would have been one layer cards, but I just couldn’t do it. But, they are only 2 layers - no gems, pearls, buttons, ribbon, or other doodads. I KNOW! Just some Hero Arts stamps, Memento inks, and card stock. I drew the lines using a Memento marker and the Tim Holtz ruler. The ruler is clear with lots of lines, which enables me to get the lines straight the first time.

The first card didn’t turn out perfectly, but I decided not to give up on it. I stamped the sentiment, drew the lines, and then masked the sentiment and lines with some 3M Post-It Tape that I have had for years and years. I stamped the flowers and removed the tape, but some of the ink had bled under the tape a bit. Hmmmm. What to do? Erasing it wasn’t an option (I tried). I liked the way the flowers looked and didn’t want to toss it and start over. So I added another line to the top and bottom in an attempt to cover it up and it worked beautifully. FYI - the 3M tape is not porous so if you use it and get ink on it, be v-e-r-y careful removing it. Ink on one’s hands can, and will, transfer to a lovely finished card, which can cause one to say naughty words. There was no fixing that card, I’m afraid. *#@$%!

I used the Fiskars Stamp Press to stamp the sentiment. I have had it for a couple of years, too, but have just recently started using it more often. I find that it really does make placing the image exactly where you want it so much easier. It has grid lines to help with getting it straight, and the spongy feet give you a little time to position the image before pressing it down. If you haven’t tried one I highly suggest giving it a shot.

IMG_0216

I’m not too crazy about the placement of the flowers on this card. I think I should have used different flowers instead of using the same one in different colors. Ah, well.

IMG_0215

This is a one layer card and I am quite happy with it. For this one I used Eclipse tape to mask off the edge because it was wide enough to cover the rest of the card. If you are more careful than I am you could use something narrower, but I thought it best not to tempt fate. I used Distress Inks- Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters -sponged directly onto the card. I stamped the fern with the same colors while the tape was still on, removed the tape and stamped the last fern and the sentiment. The fern is from Hero Arts and I think the sentiment is from an older Papertrey Ink set.

IMG_0222

So, that’s it for my CAS day of stamping. I like it more than I thought I would so you may see more of it in the future.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Jackie, I love all three of your clean and simple cards today...I especially love the ferns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, first, lots of things make me say bad words. . .LOL Secondly I like the flowers on both equally. I applaud your clever "fix" on your first card and the drawn lines are absolutely perfect. I'm very impressed. But I'm telling you, that last card is GORGEOUS! Love the design, the stamps, and the colors you used. One of my most favorite CAS cards I've seen! Great work on these. . .Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific CAS cards, Jackie! That last one is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all three of these! And most non-stampy people have no idea how many cards we trash to get one right. Stoopid inky fingers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.