3/8/12

More Pinterest Inspiration

I made these 2 cards a couple of days ago and I am not sure I will be able to part with them. They make me smile every time I look at them. The paper came from a 6 x 6 paper pad that I’ve had for some time and I wish I had lots more of this design. Why do they do that?? They only include 3 or 4 sheets of each design, and the 12 x 12 versions of the paper usually have larger non-card friendly images on them. It’s maddening, I tell you! Especially for paper hoarders like me… and you. I use this paper very sparingly and I measure twice and cut once, so I don’t waste one precious bit of it. It’s made by Prima and the name is Fairy Flora. 4 pieces of each design. Boo.

Anyway, here they are in all their glory. Quite simple, not too floofy and layered at all, but I just love ‘em.

IMG_0225IMG_0228

They look so much better in person, now that I see them on the screen. The second card is made with pieces that I cut too wide (so much for measuring twice, eh?) for use on the first card because I wanted 2 strips, but I wasn’t about to throw them away, so I just made a second card. I placed the strips in order so the design would be continuous, which is more evident in the first card than the second.

I was able to get both cards from one sheet, so that means I have 3 sheets of this particular design left. Yay!! I think if I had some of the 12 x 12 sheets I would just frame them and hang them on the wall. There’s just something so ethereal and calming about the designs, and I can use all the calm I can get these days!

Ohhhmmmmm….

5 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous! and that paper is so pretty. I agree about the paper, wish they would make the 12x12 with the same size print as the smaller pads or sell individuals of the 6x6. Your bow is wonderful, also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design, and, well, the papers are pink, but YOU like them, and this is YOUR blog, so, um ... NICE CARDS! :D

    I actually like that I can run out of something. It so rarely happens, and then I move on to something else. And if we had all the paper we needed, when would we ever NEED more? It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I love the long strips and the banner cuts at the bottom. The paper is stunning. . .I know why they do what you accuse them of. . .it's so you buy more! LOL Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my colors, Jackie! Love your beautiful bows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I can see why you don't want to part with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.