4/4/12

A little decorative punching and a reject

I have had this Martha Stewart punch for a while and didn’t really know what to do with it until I saw another card - online, of course - using it like this. I gotta tell ya, it isn’t easy to line this thing up and this was not my first attempt. This is just the first one that turned out well. I added some twine (and it still looks crooked to me, doesn’t something look crooked to you?) and used the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to stamp the sentiment. I wasn’t about to take the chance of messing up the stamping at this point. I love the look, but those punches are so difficult to work with and get stuck so easily that it’s not something I would do every day.

 

IMG_0224

This was a failed attempt at using that Hero Arts stamp, embossed with white and colored with colored pencils. The coloring is not that great because the card stock is textured, and the squiggly border is awful. I like the look of the colors against the gray, but not the end result on this one. I will give it another go, but I will use smooth card stock next time, if I can find some, and use a ruler to create the border. I wonder if I can get those gems off of the card.

IMG_0250

4 comments:

  1. I don't see anything wrong with either of them. I have that MS punch also, and it sticks very easily. It's the first punch from her line that I have had issues with. Love your colored flowers on that card and I don't think you should throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh!! How in the world did you get those punches straight? Maybe you need to invent a "punch-a-ma-jig" to make the next card easier. And I love the flowers on the second card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not crooked (and I know crooked!) at all! I am AMAZED at how straight you got them! I'm so glad I didn't buy any of these. ;/

    And that second card? The white looks shiny against the grey, so even though you don't like it, file that away for when you WANT to do that. :) And yes, you can save the gems. Ask me how I know ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both gorgeous and they don't look crooked to me either!!! So there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.