5/8/12

Stickers and Glitter

I can’t seem to get enough of them these days. I needed to make a birthday card last week and the first thing I thought of was Elizabeth Crafts stickers and Glitter Ritz, along with Copic markers, of course.

GlitterRitzBDay

I think it’s all pretty easy to figure out. The flowers and leaves are a sticker, I added the Cool Highlight Glitter Ritz and colored it with my Copic markers. The scallop on the left side is also an Elizabeth Crafts sticker. It was a bit fiddly to get stuck down, but fortunately these stickers are easy to reposition. I added some pearls to the circles on it for a little dimension. Sentiment by Hero Arts, dies by Spellbinders.

I did a little something extra to the inside, too. The stamp is by Stampendous and I added lines with the same Copic markers I used to color the image on the front. I trimmed it out very closely and went around the edge of the card stock with a black Memento marker so the white wouldn’t show. A good trick to use if your cutting isn’t perfect, too. It hides a lot of sins. Looking at the card, I should have taken my own advice. I thought I did that, but I can see a tiny bit of white where I trimmed out the sticker. Boo.

GlitterRitzBDayInside

I have been inspired to crank up my Silhouette after seeing so many cool posts from Leslie (The Crooked Stamper) and Dixie (What’s Next?), so I hope to get around to creating something soon using what I have cut out. I am tempted to sign up for the class that they took…I am still thinking about that. I’m sure I would learn a lot, I really liked their cards – stop by and have a look for yourself.

7 comments:

  1. I love the pretty effect from the Copics and glitter, and the inside is so fun, Jackie! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I love the glitter and that you did the INSIDE, too! I have a TON of stickers I bought for just such a technique. Pffth. Now if I could only find them ...

    And DARN YOU for making me add another (FABBY) blog to my reader. 500 is the new zero, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, love these stickers - and the colors! They are like jewels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie, this card is gorgeous! You are so right about edging cut outs with a marker. Lots of sins get hidden! Good idea using the copics on the inside of your card. Nice match to the pretty floral front!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love everything about is card and I especially like the way you did the copic markers on the lines of the inside sentiment, great idea! Going to check out the other sites :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love what you did to the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jackie! This is a really beautiful card! The glitter is so pretty and the inside sentiment is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.