8/21/12

Border punches…not just for borders anymore

They do make beautiful borders but I decided to try something a little different with this one. What do you think? Yep, that is a Tonic Studios border punch on the center piece. It is the Simplicity Daisy Border 2 Punch, one of the new geared punches released at CHA Summer 2012. These things punch through paper like buttah!

IMG_0358

I started with a 3-5/8” square, lined up each of the 4 sides of the square with the “First Punch” line on the punch and punched once, and then just punched the rest of it as usual. There are only 3 punches per side. It won’t completely detach from the outside edges, but I just trimmed it away with scissors, leaving a little straight part between the corner designs. It doesn’t make a prefect square but I really like the look of the finished design.

I stamped the sentiment from a JustRite stamp set, added a little color with my Copic marker and punched it out with a circle punch. The scalloped border behind it is also a Tonic Studios border punch (Dotty Border), but I decided not to get too fancy with that one this time. Sometimes simpler is better.

Thanks for stopping by and please feel free to leave me a comment! I love hearing from you, you know.

6 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out, Jackie! Can't wait to give it a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fab idea, Jackie! Love these gorgeous colors and pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way that came out Jackie! Your card is beautiful! I will have to try that with the 3 punches I won from you! Thanks for the great tip! Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful! love the stamp you chose for the center. those punches are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness! That's a great idea. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is very clever! I must try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.