8/27/12

It’s gonna be a bright sunshiny day

Unless you are in Florida, of course. I was hopeful that the hurricane would make it up this way, I could use a little wind and rain, but it’s not to be this time. But the season is not over yet so I won’t give up hope.

So, in celebration of the sunshiny days we have been having lately, here are a couple of cards that I hope will brighten your day.

The sun rays on this card were made by sponging Memento Cantaloupe ink using a piece of cardstock as a mask, a technique I saw on Gina K’s Stamp TV here. It is really pretty easy to do and I love the way it turned out. The landscape die is from Memory Box and I think the cloud is from them, too. The sentiment is Hero Arts.

The trees are colored using Copic markers and I die cut another border using a paper with parallel lines texture, cut out just the house and colored it with a brown (E25, maybe) Copic marker. I left a long “tail” on the house so I could attach it to the back of the landscape, after cutting off the original house. I tried just coloring the house with a Copic marker, but I didn’t like the effect at all.

IMG_0349

These sun rays were embossing using a Papertrey impressions plate and then I just cut them in long triangular shapes using my paper trimmer. I did sponge a little ink along the edges for a little contrast, too. Same Memory Box die for the landscape and the larger MB cloud die (cut out of white felt), and another Hero Arts sentiment.

IMG_0359

Sun rays seem to be all the rage now and I did buy the sunshine impression plate from Papertrey and a couple of clear sets that have sun rays and verses in them – one from Papertrey and one from Avery Elle, a brand new online stamp company. I have not made cards with either set yet, but I did get one of the sun rays out of the Avery Elle set and stamp with it just to see how well it inked up since it was a clear stamp, and sometimes they can be a little difficult at first. I was totally impressed! I used some Cantaloupe Memento ink and it stamped perfectly the very first time, no blotchiness at all. Love it!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a sunshiny kind of day.

8 comments:

  1. Love 'em both, Jackie! They've been pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are great. I like the effect of the sponged rays on the first, and the dimension of the embossed cut strips on the second. Especially like the colors on the second one also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards. Which technique by Gina K. did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. DKD955 - there's a link in the 3rd paragraph, where it says Stamp TV here. It's called the sunshine background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may be swooning over the first card's rays. I need to give that a try, even though it UNjustifies all the ray stamps and templates I may or may not own. :/

    I've done the technique on the second card - just cutting out the rays. Once again, unjustification rears its ugly head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH!! I saw that Gina K video. Your card is gorgeous with that MB die! You're just all sunshiney! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.