9/1/12

A rainbow after the storm?

These were made a while back and I totally forgot to post them. I had a week or so of being a little obsessed with a rainbow theme, and these cards are the product of that temporary obsession. I think it all started when I was doing a project for the Tonic Studios blog post and I just didn’t know when to quit!

The first card is very similar to the card I made for that post, but I used a different punch (Martha Stewart) and put ribbon across the center instead of gems.

IMG_0341

The strips on this one are punched using an EK Success border punch. I think I made another one just like it but lined up the punches so that they were all going in the same direction, but I must have sent that one off to someone because I can’t find it.

I tried putting the sentiment straight across, layering it on to one of the colors, using some ribbon, etc. and none of it really worked for me, so I went with a diagonal.

IMG_0343

These two cards were made using my Silhouette machine for the zig zags/chevrons. I saw one like it online somewhere and decided to give it a try. I cut the zig zags out of white cardstock on the Silhouette and just layered some strips of color behind it. The colored dots are Hero Arts Dots, attached with mini glue dots. Fairly clean and simple, yet colorful. Now I wish I had cut more of the top layers. Since it’s almost September, I could use Autumn colors for the strips, add some die cut leaves or coordinating Hero Arts Dots, maybe cut the zig zags out of a cream colored cardstock instead of white. Hmmmm…..

IMG_0346IMG_0347

That’s all I have for today. Please do leave a comment and let me know you were here Smile

8 comments:

  1. WOW, love all of them - so glad you didn't quit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of them, Jackie! The colors showing through your chevrons is such a fun idea, and I adore your first two cards too! Wonderful rainbow of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, I love all of your cards, but am particularly fond of the first 2 ....so fibrant & colorful. The second card with the dots.....Did you know that EK Success has a punch that does these dots? I am sitting here looking at mine and am just amazed at how well you put the together.

    Since we are only a state away (I am in SC), maybe someday we will meet. Are you going to the Greenville SC convention on the 15th & 16th of this month? I have been a follower & Candy winner about 3 time (most recently Tonic Puches), for numerous years now and would just love to meet you personally. Hugs Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! I liek them all, but that Silhouette-cut chevron is INSPIRED! So is the diagonal sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Here! wonderful cards, I really like the the diagonal sentiment, very creative :). Both of the bottom cards have some serious WOW factor. You know how I love lots of white space. great idea to use the silhoutte to cut the chevrons and back it with beautiful strips of color....ideas running through my head and that's dangerous. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good grief! These are terrific! I love all your rainbows, but of course I'm most intrigued with the Silhouette cards. Going to have to pin these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so pleasant! I used to stamp but never took it to your level. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! Hope all is well with you. Had lunch with Connie and it was fun. We need to do that too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.