9/5/12

Another Tonic Studios punch and a little bit o’ glitter

I haven’t made a glittery card in a while, and the other day I decided it was time to get out the stickers, Scor Tape, Copic markers, and the glitter, and get busy.

The wonky cake is an Elizabeth Craft Designs Peel Off which I glittered up with some Cool Highlight Glitter Ritz, colored with Copic markers and trimmed out. The border punch is from Tonic Studios, the Simplicity Pattern Daisy Border Punch. These punches are such a pleasure to use. I used a heavier paper for the border because it was the blackest black that I had, and I had no trouble at all with the punch.

I added some pink and yellow polka dotted patterned papers, and the Happy Birthday is an old, old Hero Arts stamp, backed with a scalloped circle punch. Easy as pie. Wait, who came up with that expression? Pie may be easy for some, but it’s always been a challenge for me. Especially the crust, you don’t want to eat a pie crust I have made from scratch. There’s a talent to that, and I don’t have it, I’m afraid. Anyway, never mind about all that. This card was pretty easy to do, not like pie at all.

IMG_0361

This one goes into my stash of birthday cards. I like to keep several on hand so I don’t have to get in a mad stamping frenzy at the last minute. My mind usually turns to mush on those occasions and all I end up making is a huge mess. And the birthday card ends up being late. Not good, not good at all. This way is much better.

5 comments:

  1. Lots of great details! Now why would you even want to make a pie crust??? I always get mine already made at the grocery store...the only way to bake :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (1) Tonic punches are good on card stock, eh? I like that.
    (2) I would NEVER think to put yellow with (gah) pink, and a purple layer, to boot. Looks great!
    (3) I need to re-watch the tutorial on coloring glitter with Copics so you don't kill your Copic brush end. Love the look!
    (4) Pie crusts are a talent, indeed. A friend ONLY makes them from scratch. Me? I'm big on cobblers and crisps - more fruit and no crust. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a party on a card, Jackie!! Lovely colors, and I like the black daisy border. It adds some "punch" to the design. (Punny!)

    I don't do pie crusts either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of helpful information. I have bookmarked your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bright cards!! Homemade pastry can be tricky but it is yummy!! And out of interest "easy as pie" refers to the eating and not the baking!! Cheers, Belinda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.