9/20/12

Leslie, this one’s for you!

A few weeks ago my friend Leslie, of The Crooked Stamper blog, sent me some pieces of a parent sheet that she used on these cards and told me that I was not allowed to hoard them. I haven’t been hoarding, I promise, just waiting for inspiration. My mojo has been on an extended leave and although I think it has sent a younger, and less inspiring, sibling to take its place, I did manage a couple of cards.

My Silhouette has been sadly neglected lately so I decided to knock the dust off of it and show it some love.

The weather has turned a bit Fall-ish here lately, and I love it. Cool, crisp air, the scent of fireplaces burning, the leaving turning shades of gold and crimson…what’s not to love? I’ve had this tree file for a while and that paper looked perfect for Autumn leaves, so that is exactly what I used it for.

IMG_0366

A close-up of the sparkliness – I do love shiny/sparkly things.

IMG_0368

For this one I used the Memory Box Piestra Tile die and a Just Rite stamp along with that gorgeous paper and I love the way it turned out.

IMG_0378

Thank you for this paper, Leslie! I have one piece and some scraps left and I can’t promise I won’t hoard them – it’s just too pretty!

I have another couple of cards in the works and also a ribbon organizing idea I came across the other day, so check back soon.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE both cards, Jackie! The red and white is fabulous! Gorgeous, shimmery paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, I love these! I thought the tree was a die until you said it was a cut file. Wow, such a clean cut, too. I definitely need a new blade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous cards, Jackie!! I love what you did with your Silhouette. How very creative and the colors are wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.