10/29/12

A little more Halloween

These three are very similar, but not exactly the same. I started out with this one, using the MB window die, my precious patterned paper, and the Hero Arts chevron embossing folder. The striped paper is from Doodlebug Designs, I love their papers.

IMG_0433

I felt a little guilty for not stamping a whole lot on the card (just the greeting, which is from a JustRite set), so I switched it up to this, using a Great Impressions tree and doing a little sponging for the background. The tree looks a little funky because I used Versafine black ink and it didn’t completely cover the trunk, so I used a Memento marker to fill it in. Hey, it’s a spooky tree, it isn’t supposed to be perfect. Nevertheless, I switched to Colorbox Blackbird chalk ink after this and it worked perfectly.

IMG_0436

I gave it one more try and used that awesome Impression Obsession die along with the sponged background. This is my favorite one of the window cards. I used Distress Inks – Broken China, Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade, and Rusty Hinge for the background. I popped up both the die and the window on foam tape to add some dimension. (Pay no attention to the specks of dust and whatnot – I never notice those things until I see the photos of the cards.)

IMG_0434

I have just a few more to post this week and then it’s time to move on to Christmas cards. Or maybe Fall cards, since I don’t do Thanksgiving cards. I do love the Fall colors, and ours are being blown off the trees at this very moment by the winds from the hurricane. Phooey.

5 comments:

  1. I like them all! Nice job! And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with mystery flecks in their photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jackie, these are gorgeous - what jewel-like colors, made even more so by the black, I think! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jackie, Love them all. Thank you for sharing. Where to you purchase your window die from? I have been looking for one for awhile. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! Your sponged backgrounds are stunning!! I like the ghost peeking into the corner of the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this last Halloween window card of yours on Pintrest and LOVE it. Follower now too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.