10/3/12

A Sunflower Thank You Card

Recently I won a drawing on a penpal site and the package arrived yesterday. It was full of goodies about the Pony Express and the Old West, including a really cool book, lots of postcards and even a pony express poster so I wanted to send a nice thank you card. I flipped through my stash and didn’t find anything suitable, so I set out to create a new one. Now, the sender of said package is a dude, so too much floweriness wouldn’t do. He also lives in California and I wanted to try to reflect that in my card. I thought I had the Stampendous stamp similar to this one but with grapes at the bottom, but I don’t. That’s the way my life goes. These stamps are probably modeled after Italian landscapes, but California is a big wine producer, so that would have worked. Anyway, I’m sure sunflowers grow in California and they aren’t too girly, so I went with it.

IMG_0399

As you well know, I am not a fan of fussy cutting, but I didn’t see a way out of it with this image. I got a little crazy and even cut out the sunflowers to pop up over the design! This is a one time deal, I won’t be making 20 of this card, that’s for sure.

I think it turned out pretty well, colored with Copics and layered up on some foam adhesive. No glitter, no ribbon, so I think it is a decent manly card – what do you think? It will be going out in the mail today and I hope he likes it.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great manly card to me! I'm sure he will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - a great card for a man. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain with the fussy cutting. This card is bound to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what I love about you and your cards. . .so thoughtful and so much thought behind the card. This is simply beautiful. Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.