10/27/12

It’s almost Halloween!!

You know I love Halloween, and I’ve been busy making cards this week. They all went in the mail today (cutting it close, I know), so I thought it was time to post a couple of them here.

Remember when I said I had that same die that Dixie used on the Halloween card she sent to me? Well, here is the first of several cards I made with it. I should have just bought this die and nothing else, I love it!

I have no idea from whence the background paper came, I’ve had it for several years and use it sparingly because it is extinct now. I used black suede paper for the scene on this one, a Hero Arts sentiment, and a Spellbinders tag die. Add a couple of brads and some baker’s twine and there you go! Happy Haunting!

IMG_0411

Since I didn’t quit after I got the Impression Obsession die and also got these Memory Box dies, I thought I’d better put them to some use this year, too. I die cut the spiders out of some fuzzy black paper that is also a couple of years old, so I have no source for it, either.

IMG_0430

Here’s a close-up of the fuzzy little spider. Looks almost real enough to smash with a shoe, doesn’t he?

IMG_0442

Again, Memory Box ghosts die and Grand Madison Window die had to be used to assuage my guilt, so here they are in all their glory. The spider webs in the corners are from an older Martha Stewart set – this was the first time they were inked up and I know I’ve had that set for a few years now. The sentiment is from a Penny Black Halloween clear set I bought at Archiver’s last year (or maybe the year before).

IMG_0432

So, I didn’t spend a whole lot on new stuff this year and I still have more cards to show you, including a very special one I made for my daughter but I don’t want to post that one until I am sure she has received it. I don’t want to spoil the surprise.

I will be back soon, but until then I hope everyone is staying safe from the Frankenstorm of 2012. Now, if you will excuse me, I am enjoying an evening at home alone and I have a movie to watch and some letters that need answering.

4 comments:

  1. absolutely adore that first card!! that die cut is wonderful and it is perfect on that background paper. you are doing much better than me, I haven't made the first Halloween card :(. Enjoy your night and your movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you've got it going on!! Nothing like Halloween to get the mojo going! That patterned paper behind that die is perfect. And the window card? Dang. I should have picked up the ghosts! You're an enabler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! What a wonderful bunch of Halloween cards! I love them all and wish I had ANY of those cool dies! Great patterned papers, too. Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cards! And I'm still chortling over "extinct" paper, spideys realistic enough to get out a shoe, and the fact that you just inked up stamps from years ago (I may or may not do that, also).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.