10/20/12

OWH Sketch Challenge

Operation Write Home is hosting a sketch challenge today, based on this card by Missy from Tonic Studios.

Tonic Card - OWH Sketch Challenge 1

Since Halloween is almost here, I decided use it as my theme and came up with this:

IMG_0401

Similar, but different. I added the bat and the moon, and the sentiment is angled differently, but the main design is mostly the same. I used the Tonic Studios 766 Doily Strip Punch for the strips. The ghosts are cut from a strip of May Arts ribbon, the small bats were punched from suede paper using a Martha Stewart punch, and the large bat is also made from suede paper, but I used an older Cuttlebug die. I punched a circle of shimmery white paper for the moon, and the sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear set.

It’s so difficult for me not to put some sort of glittery-ness on holiday cards (you know how I love shiny things) but it’s strictly forbidden on OWH cards, so I restrained myself and settled for a nod to shiny things with the shimmery white paper. The ghosts are pretty shimmery, too. The deadline has passed for sending Halloween cards to OWH, but I still wanted to abide by the rules (that doesn’t happen often!). Now that I am in the mood, I am going to get crankin’ on some more Halloween cards!

7 comments:

  1. That green is the perfect shade for your orange, black and white. You nailed this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card, Jackie! LOVE that bright green with the orange and black! Awesome take on the sketch - those ghosts are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card deserves an "AA" rating (Absolutely Adorable!) Love the fun colors and cute ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your take on the sketch, Jackie! Such a fun Halloween card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, now I need that doily strip punch. I need help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun card! I too love that bright green paper with the orange and black. Fun ghosts and bats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute Halloween card! love the ghosts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.