12/23/12

A little more Christmas

Procrastination is my middle name and as I have mentioned before, it seems I work best under pressure. As usual, I waited until the last minute to get all of my Christmas cards finished. They are all in the mail and there are even a few left over for next year.

I tend to overwhelm myself by dragging out ALL of my Christmas stamps, paper, embossing folders, dies, ribbon….a whole heap of stuff, and then I just sit and look at it, wondering where to start. I did end up with a couple of sets unopened and unused but I am ok with that – I’ll use them next year and they will feel like brand new stamps! There were a couple of dies that I regret buying because they were just too much trouble to deal with, picking out all of the tiny pieces and sometimes not cutting all the way through, but that’s the chance you take buying intricate dies, I guess. Sometimes I wonder if the designers think of that when they design the things. It just shouldn’t take so much time and effort to cut out one little shape! Anyway, on to the cards…

I had to make a couple of kitty cards for my cat loving friends. I made 2 of these:

IMG_0478

The kitty is by Stampendous, colored with Copic markers, and the sentiment is Hero Arts. I remembered that I had the Tim Holtz edges die and was determined to use it at least once. So I did. I used it twice. Mission accomplished.

I saw this one on Krafting Kelly’s blog and had to CASE it. I used my Silhouette to cut out the trees, added some patterned paper and a little twine and boom! done! I made half a dozen of these using different patterned papers. They were just so easy and I love the way they turned out. Thanks, Kelly!

IMG_0485IMG_0486

That’s it for today. I hope everyone is staying warm and avoiding the last minute shopping craziness. Most of my shopping was done online and shipped directly to the recipients this year, no mall madness for me!

I will be back soon with a few more Christmas cards. Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Great designs, Jackie! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that kitty. :) And you need to get the Metal Adapter plate to use with your intricate dies. Cuts like buttah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you were able to use this idea for your cards, Jackie! They turned out great! I love the bright festive colors and patterns behind the trees. Thanks for showing me what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and left such a sweet comment! Both of your cards are wonderful! I especially love the negative die cut trees!!!

    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these cards Jackie! Especially the tree cards. . .those are great! Thanks to for your card and surprise enclosure! I had forgotten! Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and the happiest of New Years! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.