12/26/12

Happy Boxing Day

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas day with friends and family, lots of good food, lots of laughter and fun! Wikipedia has this (and more) to say about Boxing Day -

“Boxing Day is traditionally the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts from their superiors or employers, known as a "Christmas box". Today, Boxing Day is better known as a bank or public holiday that occurs on 26 December, or the first or second weekday after Christmas Day, depending on national or regional laws. It is observed in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and some other Commonwealth nations.”

Without further ado, here are the final three Christmas cards of 2012.

Another CASE, I’m afraid. Different paper, different sentiment, but same basic layout. A CASE of a CASE, apparently – here is where I found it. It was just such a striking card, I couldn’t help myself. The embossing folder is by Darice, I found it at Hobby Lobby a while back. The faux brads are actually Candi Dots, attached with a little foam adhesive. Much easier than real brads! The patterned paper is BoBunny and the sentiment is Hero Arts, of course.

IMG_0479

My husband needed a card for Richard’s Coffee Shop and asked for an all-out over-the-top card this year. He is on the board of directors and spends a lot of his free time volunteering and hanging out with his friends there, so I had to honor his request and do my best to impress him. What do you think – mission accomplished?

The poinsettia is made with a Spellbinders die and I used red and green suede paper for the flower and leaves. The layers are popped up with foam adhesive so it is a very dimensional card, which is not a problem since it wasn’t being mailed.

IMG_0480

Here is the last of the bunch. I had to have this die from Taylored Expressions and I don’t regret this purchase at all! It cuts beautifully using the metal shim in the Big Shot. Attaching it is not really a problem either, because the holly leaves are big enough to add glue dots or liquid glue. I used 1/8” Scor Tape around the edges and adhered it to some red suede paper.

IMG_0484

Well, another Christmas season is behind us, we have survived the Mayan apocalypse and now it’s on to another year. What’s in store for you in 2013? Do you do New Year’s resolutions? I have been giving it some thought and there are several things I would like to accomplish in 2013. One of them is honing my photographic and photo editing skills. I have all of the tools I need to create really wonderful photos, I just need to learn how to use them effectively.

What’s on your list for next year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I adore all of these. Now I need that TE plate. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to see your Christmas card posts come to an end. These are delightful. Isn't it fun to make an over-the-top card that doesn't have to be mailed? Yours is yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.