3/20/13

Pattern Play Online Class

I have always been a little patterned paper challenged when it comes to mixing patterns on a card, so when I saw this class I jumped at the chance to improve my skills. This is the first online class I have taken and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I have a LOT of patterned paper, both 12 x 12 and 6 x 6. I use a sheet now and then for a background or a design element, but I have seen so many beautiful cards that have multiple colors and/or patterns on the same card and try as I would I could not pull of that look to save my life. This is day 3 of the class and I have already learned quite a bit! I am, of course, behind in the homework, but here is my card for the first day:

DSCN3965

I made it last night and wasn’t all that crazy about it, but when I took a second look at it this morning I quite liked it. The paper is from the new Knee Highs 6 x 6 paper pad by Basic Grey, the edge is a Martha border punch, and the sentiment is, naturally, from Hero Arts.

I am off to do some Day 2 homework!

PS – Please check out my Product Reviews page for a review of the new Purex plus Fabric Softener with Crystals Fragrance laundry detergent – there is a link to their sweepstakes.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm, new BasicGrey, eh? I love the paper so I might have to run out to buy it. Your card is so so cute. Congratulations on being the winner over at the IO blog. I hope I'm a winner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your card. I have done zero homework so far. It may all wait until the weekend.

    I'm telling you, you will be spoiled by these classes. I have loved every one of them and learn something from each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You card is adorable I just love the way you put it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a great idea on how to use that paper. I thought I might have to skip over that bird papering the collection, but you've made it sing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.