6/18/13

Flowers and a circle of lattice

I have had this Memory Box Tessatina Border die for a while and was at a loss as how to use it without fussing with glue. I saw a card where they had used it as a backing for some koi fish in a similar opening and I had an Ah-Ha moment! I die cut 3 or 4 pieces out of white card stock and die cut a circle out of the pink with a Nestabilities die. I added some adhesive on the back side of the circle with my ATG and carefully lined up the dies to create a lattice. Ah-Ha!

DSCN4031

The flowers are made with a My Favorite Things die and the sentiment is from Papertrey. I used an EK Success border punch for the label and trimmed it down to fir the sentiment. A few pearls were added for accents and it was all popped up on foam adhesive. No more fussing with gluing that thin die down. No siree Bob.

Do you have an easy way to adhere things like that? I have some spray adhesive but I find that some of it still gets on the front of the die and leaves a sticky mess.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I might have to CASE this if I remember.

    And I am also adhesive-challenged. If you have a Xyron with the double paper roll where the card stock is sandwiched (some of mine are only one), you can burnish the card stock and get most of the goopy adhesive to stay behind. In theory.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.