6/4/13

Flowers

I bought this set, Very Vintage Greetings, from Wplus9 ages ago, specifically with this card in mind. I saw it on My Paper Secret blog and it was love at first sight. She used Impress Fresh Inks on her card and until Hero Arts came out with their new shadow and mid tone inks, I couldn’t find a good color combination using the inks I had. And I had a LOT of them.

IMG_0091IMG_0092

I used Soft Cantaloupe, Butter Bar, Bubble Gum, and Soft Purple for the flowers. I can’t tell you how much I love these inks! I use them all the time. I sold most of my other ink pads at the Used Stamp Sale last month and now I am only using Memento, Hero Arts, Distress, and just a few other miscellaneous inks. It’s much simpler for me.

The sentiments are from Hero Arts (Thanks and Friends) and Papertrey (Happy Birthday). The sentiments were stamped with Hero Arts black instead of the usual Memento Tuxedo Black because it is a darker, bolder black ink. I really love it. I haven’t tried using Copics with it yet, though.

Basically it’s a one layer card with no embellishments, so it mails easily. I like those kinds of cards, don’t you?

5 comments:

  1. Wow I just love the look of these cards they look professionally printed, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are beautiful and I hope you are not getting flooded out!!! Stay safe, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the inks. I sold my SU inks last month too. Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.