6/8/13

Happy 50th

Now that the card has been received and the birthday celebrated, I can show you the card I mentioned a while ago. I knew I had to make an over-the-top card for a 50th birthday, so I went in search of an idea. I found this one. I already had the instructions for the cascade card on one of my Pinterest boards and it looked like a good idea.

It took a bit longer than I expected, but it was the first one, so there was a bit of a learning curve to it. I didn’t have any white tulle, so I made do with some mesh ribbon by May Arts instead. I cut the large stars, balloons, and the 50 on the Silhouette, punched the smaller stars out of glitter paper. I used acetate for the “legs” on the stars and balloons. The rest was trimming and assembling. I added a white gel pen accent to the balloons, stamped the greeting and scored it to make a banner.

DSCN4027

I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Have you made a cascade card yet? Do you have any suggestions or any way to make them more efficiently?

2 comments:

  1. Jackie, that's a party on a card! What a great treat for the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, nice, though it looks like a lot of work. Perfect for 50!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.