6/11/13

Sending Smiles

With all of the dies and pretty patterned papers available now, it’s getting easier to make a card with minimal stamping.

This is a Papertrey die and it covers the whole front of the card. I’m not a fan of liquid glue, but that’s the best way I found to attach this die cut. A thin line around the edges, and some dots here & there worked pretty well.

DSCN4034

The patterned paper was cut from the Doodlebug Design Flower Box 6 x 6 paper pad, using the same die. The yellow paper is in the background as a whole piece and the circles of the other patterns were added in the other spaces. The sentiment is one I use quite often by Hero Arts. I think the banner needs a little something, maybe an enamel dot or a gem - what do you think? Or maybe I should have made it a bit shorter. Hmmmm.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous card! I love the bright and cheerful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the die and how you used the cut-outs to layer. I think the banner is fine, but to kick it up a notch, I'd stamp the sentiment more to the left and add bling or twine on the right side of it (the banner).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect colors for summer. I vote for shortening the banner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.