8/20/13

A Card for My Sister

This is a card I made for my sister, Barbara, who was in hospice last month with stage 4 cancer. Since I couldn’t be there with her, I hoped it would bring a smile to her face for a moment, at least. She passed away last week and I miss her terribly. We were closer than I was to my other sisters, and I regret not having spent more time with her. I am glad that I did get to spend a week with her a few years ago, and wish I could have gotten back to Florida more often, but it just wasn’t in the cards. She touched so many people’s lives and was loved by many. She would give you the shirt off of her back if you needed it and often did without so she could help others. She had many friends and will be sorely missed. It gave me some comfort to know that her children and grandchildren were there with her, and her friends came to visit her often. Rest in peace, dear sister.

DSCN4244

The card is a shameless copy of this one. I used different dies and made the “smile” multicolored, and made the envelope from some 12 x 12 patterned paper from Hobby Lobby.

4 comments:

  1. Jackie, I am so sorry about your sister. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jackie. . .I'm heartbroken over the loss of your sister. The things you said in your post brought up all the memories of the death of my brother years ago. He had AIDS and lived in Texas. Please accept my sincerest sympathies. The card is so adorable and I know it had to make her smile when she opened it. Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, I had no idea that you had a sister with stage four cancer. I am very sorry to hear that she passed away. The card you sent her surely made her light up. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! {hugs}

    Did you use grass for the eyelashes? That card is adorable. I'm sure she appreciated it, and you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.