10/29/13

Embrace Your Inner Witch

I’ve had this stamp from Impression Obsession for a couple of years and decided to finally get it inky this year. I only made 2 because there was so much coloring involved. The cards are A6 because the sentiment and the image wouldn’t fit on an A2. In retrospect I could have just put the sentiment inside, I suppose. Anyway…I think I like the placement of the sentiment better on the second card.

Which do you prefer - card #1 or card #2?

DSCN4346

Copic markers were used for coloring the image and I sponged a little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of both the image and the sentiment. The image was cut out using a Spellbinders die - Wonky Rectangles, I think it’s called.

DSCN4348

Stardust Stickles added to the bubbles for a little shimmer.

DSCN4347

This next card is a little over the top. It sort of took on a life of its own. I started out with the Memory Box Grand Willow Tree die and was determined to use the witch stirring the cauldron under the tree (Martha Stewart punch). I added the moon and the bat but there was too much empty space on the right side. I found a little square stamp and tried punching it out with a circle punch, a square punch and several other things, but none of them fit the space. So I got out my deckle edge scissors and tried that. Better.

Still too much empty space, though. Fill it up with ghosts - what a great idea! Add some googlie eyes to the tree and cauldron! Perfect! Um, not so much. So this turned out to be a lesson in perhaps less IS more, after all. I love that tree but couldn’t come up with a good way to use it. It probably should have been cut from black card stock instead of brown to start with. I’ll try again next year and maybe have something better to show for it. This one goes in my “don’t do this again” file.

DSCN4354

If you have any ideas on what to do with this lovely tree, I’d love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Well, you KNOW I love the first cards, and I like the sentiment placement on the second one the best.

    I agree with you on the tree card, and this sounded like a post I'd write. In fact, I think I have written one or six just like it! You add and add to make it better, then suddenly it's too much. I think it works as is, but maybe next time try something more subtle in the background, like a few tombstones stamped in grey, or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.