10/31/13

Halloween Cards - the inside story

Halloween is almost the only time I decorate the inside of the cards. I don’t have any idea why that is, except maybe that Halloween is my favorite holiday and I have some pretty cool stamps for the inside.

This one is made using a Hero Arts spider web stamp from a couple of years ago, stamped in Colorbox Frost White. The sentiment is from Lizzie Anne Designs and I’ve had that one for a couple of years, too. Are they still around? I used a Spellbinders die to cut out the image. I didn’t leave a lot of room for writing, but with the sentiment I really didn’t need to say much more. The other side is blank and I used a silver pen on the black card stock to sign my name.

DSCN4357

The sentiment is from Darcie’s  and the corners are from a small Inkadinako clear set.

DSCN4358

Of course, I had to make envelopes, too. I used up some of my 12 x 12 Halloween paper that I’ve been hoarding and made 20 envelopes. Yes, the “Boo” one is sideways because I cut it wrong :-/. Hey, it’s Halloween… things are supposed to be a bit wonky.

DSCN4365DSCN4366DSCN4368

Because I obviously couldn’t write on those envelopes I had to make some labels for the front of the envelopes. I used a Gina K Designs cling stamp and cut it out with the corresponding Spellbinders die. (I don’t think it’s available anymore, I couldn’t find it one her website). They are a bit large and cover a good portion of the envelope, but there’s plenty of room for the address. I just wish I could write in a straight line without having lines to go by. As long as they arrive at their intended destination I’ll be happy. Again - Halloween - wonky. Right?

DSCN4369

It will soon be time to break out the Christmas card supplies, so maybe I won’t be MIA for quite as long this time. Thank for hanging in there with me and I hope you all have a Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. As one of the lucky people to receive one of these cards (which made me squeal and run around the house showing it off to everyone), I can affirm they are clever, beautifully done, and at this house, DEEPLY appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.