It seems like I’ve been making cards for months when it’s only been a week or so. I finished up the last of them yesterday, the mess is cleaned up, and the supplies put away until next year. Here are some of the results of my labor.
I thought using dies would be the quick and easy, down and dirty way to go this year. It probably would have been if I hadn’t gotten a little over zealous with the layers and glitter. The wreath is simply a circle punched in the center and a scalloped circle punched around it - sounds simple enough, right? It was, until I decided I needed 3 extra layers underneath the patterned paper for some dimension. I could have used Pop Dots or foam adhesive, but noooo, it had to be layers of card stock. Once I did one of them, I had to make the rest of them the same, of course. I made 12 of 3 different designs and some onesies and twosies of others. This is one of the series of 12.
There is Apple Red Glitter Ritz glitter behind the Christmas on the die, adhered with Scor-Tape. No card stock layers this time, just some foam adhesive.
I used 3 layers for the bow, too. Some red Stickles were added for berries on the wreath and a little on the bow. This is the time of year I get all glittered up - along with the floor, the tables, and even the cats sometimes.
It’s hard to get a good photo of the glitteriness, but it’s there and I love it!
The background was embossed with an older Stampin’ Up embossing folder. The only stamping is on the inside, which I forgot to photograph before they went in the mail. I did remember to get a photo of the back, though. It is the same on all of the cards, except the ones on brown card stock. The kitty is still there, minus the red hat and red and green scarf.
The stamp is an older Hero Arts stamp and he’s colored with Copic Spica glitter pens.
Stay tuned for more Christmas cards this week and thank you for stopping by.