2/16/14

More Washi Tape

I know you’ve all heard about the latest snowpocalypse in the southeast, and we got our fair share of it here. This is what it looked like outside last Thursday:

DSCN4573

Lots of big puffy, wet flakes of snow clinging to every branch. I think we ended up with about 8” of snow here. Brrrr. The snow finally ended later that day, but a lot of it is still hanging around in the yard and on the driveway. It melts a little during the day but hardens to ice again at night when the temperatures fall, so walking down the driveway and across the road to get the mail is a little tricky. Fortunately it is supposed to warm up this week so it will all melt away. Is it springtime yet??

Since we were snowed in, I decided to play in my craft room a bit. I couldn’t get interested in making anything too complex, so I went for the simple washi tape designs again. I browsed my Pinterest boards for inspiration and came up with these.

DSCN4577

DSCN4578

Both hello dies are from the same My Favorite Things set, and I still prefer the cursive font. For one thing, it’s connected, making it easier to apply, and I just think it’s prettier. The little bird is from a small Hero Arts clear set and I colored him with a Copic marker.

I hope you are all well and staying warm. Maybe our snow days are behind us now!

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the cursive is just prettier! Love the blue version and that adorable little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cursive too. I like the washi tape cards very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I like the washi tape (duh) with the black die-cut sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.