3/27/14

Hello again

So, I got a new background die by My Favorite Things and in keeping with my resolution to not let things gather too much dust, I created these lovelies.

The die is called Polka Dot Cover-Up and one of the things I like about it is that it measures 5-1/4” x 4”, instead of covering the entire card front like so many other background dies. This allows me to put a layer behind it and mount it on the front of the card with a small edge of the card showing. Brilliant!

The label dies are also from My Favorite Things - Layered Labels. I don’t think I have to mention the name of the “hello” die again, do I? :-) I punched the border using an EK Success border punch on the first one.

20140326_180916

The next several attempts at punching that border were unsuccessful, so I went with a border die - Monarch Border, also MFT. I used the negative portion of the die, which has a more interesting design than the round part. I think. I saved the other part for another project. After I took the photos, I discovered that this piece wasn’t actually ON a card base. Oops. It’s on one now.

20140326_180927

This wonderful “hello” die is from Paper Smooches and I think I’m in love. It gives this card a sort of retro look, don’t you think? It was in the Quote Tags set, which also includes a “thanks” die.

20140326_181024

In an attempt to build up my birthday card stash, this happened.

20140326_180843

The background is colored with Hero Arts Ink Daubers in Pale Tomato, Butter Bar, Green Hills, and Tide Pool. The tricky part was getting the sections laid down so that the solid part of the die covered the parts where the colors met. The Pale Tomato and Butter Bar blended together pretty well but the others, not so much. I wanted to add some Neon Purple but ran out of room. Next time.

The enamel dots are from the Collectable set by My Mind’s Eye, bought last year at Archiver’s in Colorado. I’ve been hoarding them for too long. Enamel dots are just so hard to find and ordering online is an option, but paying $6 to ship them is out of the question, I’m afraid. So, I use them sparingly.

The sentiment is a small clear stamp from Verve stamps and I was very pleased at how well it stamped right out of the package. No prep necessary.

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

Orange.

Orange who?

Orange you glad to see something besides triangles for a change? ;-D

I have done a little reorganizing and clearing out in preparation for the semi-annual Used Stamp Sale coming up in May at Stamper’s Alley, so I might post some photos of my craft room soon. I still have to clean out the cluttered closet, but the rest of the room feels much lighter and brighter, and I feel more inspired to create in it now. A coat of paint couldn’t hurt, but my spring fever hasn’t gotten that bad yet. :-)

4 comments:

  1. They are awesome and orange you glad they turned out so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done here. I can see a possible mass production opportunity. :)

    Did you use the neon daubers for your background? I think my neon blue is dead. It's very different than the other neon daubers in both intensity of color and application (it's oogey). Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was entertaining and funny. . .I laughed at a couple of points including your corny knock knock joke! I love the multi-colored background especially. And you are right, that hello die is awesome. Hope you are doing well! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey slacker! LOL Checking in to see what you've been up to. . .Hope all is well. Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.