3/15/14

Lots of Notecards

I got a new stamp and actually inked it up the next day! My usual method is to drool over something, procrastinate about buying it, give in and buy it, then let it gather dust for weeks on end. Not this time, though. I’m proud of myself :-) I saw this stamp and knew it would be perfect for my letter writing. I used some patterned paper that is white on the opposite side for the notecard base. I have plenty of that, so there’s no reason I can’t make lots of these.

Hero Arts Hello Grid stamp and Green Hills Mid Tone ink.

DSCN4699

Same stamp and Hero Arts Orange Soda Mid Tone ink.

DSCN4701

I bought a package of kraft notecards at Hobby Lobby a while back just for the envelopes, only to find that they aren’t the right size for a standard A2 card. I can use them for letters, though. I had no intentions of using the notecards until I received a letter from a pen friend with a cute typewriter embossed in silver on the front. A light bulb went off in my poor little brain.

Since I’m too lazy to get out the embossing powder, anti-static pad, and the heat tool, I just grabbed my Hero Arts Black ink and went to town. Figuratively speaking, of course. I couldn’t actually stamp on the way into town, could I? That would be dangerous. No stamping and driving. Promise? Good.

DSCN4703

I’m not sure about the neon dots on this card. I only used them on one, and left the others nekkid - well, aside from the stamp. So maybe they’re semi-nekkid.

DSCN4704

DSCN4705DSCN4706

Next time I will stamp this one vertically and add the “Hello” stamp from the card above, so it looks more balanced. I love this Kliban cat.

DSCN4707

This little kitty is just too cute. He would look better embossed in clear, but my black pigment ink pads may have dried up from neglect. I’ll check on that and report back.

DSCN4708

That was my project for today. I stamped several of each design so now I have a nice stash of notecards. I have some new things coming soon, so I hope to knock the cobwebs off of this blog and post a little more often.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Spring has gotten into you, Jackie! Great cards today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the productive day! I have that Hero Arts stamp on my mental wish list. Jury is still out.

    As a non-colorer, I like the stamps, esp the ladies, inked in black on the Kraft note cards. For the dots, try putting two of them closer together. They might look less random that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love note cards. They are my favorite things to make. I really like the simplicity of black ink images on kraft. And I like the neon dots on the one for a surprise pop of color. Love that scruffy kitty image too. Lots of great stuff on this post. Gave me some ideas! Hope you are well. Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me feel human when you talked about leaving stamps to get dusty and then use. LOLOL I am trying to undo that right now. Your hello card is wonderful for any time and the others are so darn cute! If I remember you are a cat lover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.