3/5/14

Triangles and Rainbows

Yes, I am a bit obsessed with this Hero Arts Triangle Background die…and rainbow colors. I’ve seen it done mostly in white, so I tried it in black. I really like the contrast of the colors against the black.

DSCN4581

I colored some white card stock with lighter colors of my Copic markers and layered the black die cut on top. The sentiment is from Avery Elle, the Framed Fonts clear set. They provide cut files for the stamps in several different formats, so I used my Silhouette to cut out a bunch of the matching shapes. I hope they will make a die to match someday, but the cut file works fine.

The sentiment doesn’t cover up as much of the background, either, which makes me very happy. I actually remembered not to make that same mistake again. Progress!

DSCN4582

I have one more version to post, but it just went in the mail today so I want to wait until it’s received. I don’t want to spoil the surprise in case she actually reads my blog. Slim chance, I know :-)

6 comments:

  1. I like the colors against black, too - reminds me of Amish quilts, which always, at least in my area, used black and bright colors! Beautiful, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it a lot too. It's vibrant, which makes me feel happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black is classy. I need to check out that sentiment set too. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I like the black!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jackie! So glad to be back prowling your blog. This is so beautiful and colorful! I had not seen that die before, and the colors you put behind it just pop through. Great card. Thanks for all of your support for these last few months! Hugs, Curt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't blame you for being obsessed with it! It really turned out wonderful. A really easy application of the die cut and really striking too! A very pretty card, Jackie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.