3/13/14

You are My Sunshine

There are so many wonderful cards online, so many talented creators, and so easy to find ideas. I saw this card on the I’m In Haven blog and although I don’t have that paper (but I will soon!), I was able to create a couple of cards that I am quite happy with.

Here’s her card. She used patterned paper from the new Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine 6 x 6 paper pad and I intend to have 2 of those as soon as possible.

Here are mine:

DSCN4690

After I put this card together I realized  that I had only used four strips to her five. Sigh. I think it turned out fine, though. I used black card stock because I don’t have any gray. For once I did things the easy way. The black strip is one solid piece instead of strips. I adhered the patterned paper strips in a straight line on a piece of black card stock longer than it needed to be, angled the whole strip on the card and trimmed the edges.

The patterned paper is from the Doodlebug Designs Take Note 6 x 6 paper pad. The stamp is from a Darcie’s clear set, My Sunshine, stamped in Hero Arts Mid Tone Butter Bar ink.

DSCN4687

So, I made another one with… yes… FIVE (bwah hah hah) strips this time, using Doodlebug Designs Fruit Stand 6 x 6 paper pad. The sun was one I had cut with my Silhouette a long time ago and saved for future projects. Hoarding paid off for once! I tried Glossy Accents on one of the heart punches, but I rarely have good luck with that stuff and this was no exception. Luckily, I tried it BEFORE I stuck the heart to the sun. I can be taught :-)

I’m not crazy about the way the sentiment looks on this one. It’s from an older Papertrey set and I like the “Sunshine”, but not so much the “You Are My” part. It looks too plain and too far apart from the “Sunshine”. Next time I think I will stamp it so that it is spaced farther along the bottom instead of just in the left corner. Whatcha think?

DSCN4688

I love the bright colors that Doodlebug Designs uses in their papers and the Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine is right up my alley, too. This design is a good way to use up scraps that I couldn’t bear to throw away, so I plan to make several more soon.

5 comments:

  1. You don't need that paper, what you chose here looks great together, Jackie! I'll be pinning these to CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really like it, sentiment and all! I love the sun and! It's perfect with your papers and your sentiment too! I use Feedly too! Found it and love it more than Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of yours! And no, you don't need the LF paper (said she with two packs of it). For that last card, I'd leave the sentiment on the left, but move the Sunshine up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I LOVE Lisa A's cards. I CASE her all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How have I missed this blog for so long?!? Love these cards!! That paper is so fun and colorful! You do such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.