10/29/14

Happy Halloween

I managed to get a few Halloween cards done this year and I hope I mailed them in time. There’s nothing like working under a deadline…bwhahaha. (Get it? DEADline? Halloween….oh, never mind).

I watched Kristina Werner color this Simon Says Stamp kitty image many times and tried my best to do a good job with this one. I should have bought the coordinating dies for this set, but I didn’t think I would need them. HA! Sooooo, I had to resort to fussy cutting. It really wasn’t all that difficult, but the kitty did lose the tips of a few whiskers in the process. Ain’t nobody got time for cutting out tiny whiskers, especially when one procrastinates as efficiently as I do. Lesson learned, buy the dies.

DSCN0179

Copic markers were my coloring medium of choice, and Distress Inks a la Amy Rysavy for the background. You can see her card and her video on her blog here.The set contains a drippy goo stamp, but I used my old Martha Stewart punch for the purple goo/blood at the top instead. The stamp wouldn’t show up on black card stock.

I made a couple of these cards, coloring the kitties differently and using different backgrounds. I had a bit of trouble with the white embossing powder on the sentiment, as always, in spite of using the embossing buddy thingie before I stamped and embossed.

Happy All Hallow’s Eve, everyone!

Supplies:
Stamps:
Simon Says Stamp Trick or Treat
Dies: My Favorite Things (spider), Stitched rectangle for the window (I forget the brand)
Misc: Black card stock, watercolor paper, Distress Inks - Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves, Broken China, and Stormy Sky, Hero Arts white embossing powder, Copic markers, Black Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen (on the spider)

7 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE these colors together, Jackie! Your background is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and I pinned this to the Simon Pinterest Board here: http://www.pinterest.com/simonsaysstamp/celebrating-halloween/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping one of these shows up in my mailbox. Sent you one of mine already. Not nearly as professional as yours, but I had fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to "up my game" for next year. Your card above and the one in my hand are terrific! Of course, I spent my walk back from the mailbox studying the envelope. Ha! Super duper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Note about the die: it leaves a white outline, so I'd say fussy cutting in this case was the better option. Save your money.

    PS: Show-off, actually MAILING cards? Pffth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jackie, your card is so adorable! And since your background was created with a watercolor technique, you should enter it into the SSS Flickr challenge here: https://www.flickr.com/groups/simonsaysstamp/discuss/72157648405968290/ (Hope you see this in time - challenge ends Thursday at 8:00am Eastern.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Jackie :-) I love this little kitty, very cute and I have to agree with you ,,, life is too short to fussy cut ,, get the dies,, haha :-) The background and whole design of this is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.