10/4/14

Happy World Card Making Day!

It happens every year on the first Saturday in October (right?) and I can’t believe it IS October already. Autumn has arrived here in NC and I hope it sticks around a while before plunging us into the cold winter.
In honor of WCMD, I made some cards based on a tutorial from the awesome Jennifer McGuire. Her cards and tutorial are here. They are so pretty and looked so easy, which they were.

I bought the dies and the glitter spray and gave it a try.
2014-10-04 09.21.10
They turned out pretty well and I love the glittery shimmer on the balloons. You can barely see it on this one, but it’s there. And it doesn’t rub off!
2014-10-04 09.22.57
It show up a bit better here.
2014-10-04 09.24.14
Oooohhh, shiny :-)
2014-10-04 09.24.47
They were pretty simple to put together, the only thing I had a bit of trouble with was the string on the end of the balloons. I have the Multi Matte Medium, but it was just too difficult to get tiny dots out of the bottle, so I ended up using a fine tip glue. Either Tombow Mono Multi or Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, I forget which - or I may have used both of them. Anywho…it was a fun project and now I have a small birthday card stash going.
What are YOU doing for WCMD? There are a lot of posts on Facebook and blogs today, lots of inspiration out there. Maybe I’ll get inky again, who knows?
Supplies:Dies - Avery Elle Custom Panel Elle-ments
Stamps: Avery Elle Brushed Clear Stamps
Misc. - Baker’s twine, Therm-o-web Iridescent Glitter Spray, various ink pads from Hero Arts.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Nice CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shimmery ballons! Beautiful. The stings look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.