3/20/15

So Very Happy

A pen friend wrote that he was engaged and I immediately decided to make a card for him. But, in all of my stamps do you think there was one...just ONE...congratulations stamp? What? Not one...well, not one more than 1/4" tall anyway, and that wouldn't do.

So I improvised. I used Lawn Fawn's Violet's ABCs and a Whimsy Stamps Happy die. Ha! Done. I think it turned out rather well. No sequins this time :-)


The bottom part of the card is stenciled. I am glad that stencils are back, they're so much fun to use. It's easy to make a really colorful card with not a lot of effort.

I have since found a decent size congratulations stamp. Wood mounted, unfortunately, but it'll do. 

2 comments:

  1. I just love stenciling too. Back in the day when it was popular, I stenciled a lot of walls! But it's much easier to do on a card front. Yours came out lovely, happy colors and love the "Happy" diecut! Your friend should love to receive this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stenciling looks fabulous as does the rest of the card. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.