8/13/15

Faux Metal

Jennifer McGuire comes up with the coolest techniques, most of which I pin to my Pinterest board and promptly forget to try, but this one was so quick and easy I couldn't resist. I also needed an anniversary card for hubby - two birds, one stone and all that.

I used one of the new WeR Memory Keepers Next Level embossing folders - they are too cool! I hope they come out with more patterns soon. No shimmer on this one, just ink blending.


I made a couple of cards using different colors of Distress Ink and just put the Happy die cut on them, but left off the rest of the sentiment so I can add it as I need a card for a particular occasion.


This one doesn't have the Perfect Pearls added, I just love the way these colors blended, though.


Here's a closeup of the pretty shimmer of the Perfect Pearls. This one is in the when-I-need-a-quick-card pile. I can add a die cut or stamped sentiment strip and be done.


In case you missed this technique, here's a link to the post on Jennifer's blog. Give it a try, it's fun and you can make a lot of card fronts/layers in no time.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it a fabby technique? And so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific technique! I "need" that WeR embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now that is SUPER cool..I've been seeing those EF's, I think I need to get me some! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.