8/11/15

Happy Birthday (again)

My last post featured the gift box for my husband's birthday and I totally forgot to post the card. Duh!



I used a Simon Says Stamp window die, Mama Elephant stamps and dies, and some hand cut banners. The hardest part was the coloring, of course. We have 2 black cats and a brown tabby and these cats don't even begin to resemble them. I can't color the cats all black, they would just look like black cat-shaped blobs. So I made them dark grayish. For the brown tabby...well...I couldn't get the browns to work, so I went with the YR Copic family. I love these little cats, but coloring them is a challenge. If anyone has some suggestions, good color combinations, links to videos/blogs of perfectly colored cats, I'm all ears...or eyes.

I couldn't resist using one of those crazy birds for the inside of the card, along with a little bit of sass. He expects that from me by now.


I used a Lawn Fawn alphabet set for the sentiment - Violet's ABCs. He liked it :-)

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! As a non-colorer, I'm not going to be much help there. I think your kitties look just fine! As @understandblue says, "It's ART!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your cats look fabulous! That die makes for a clever design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.