8/6/15

Happy Birthday

It's been a while since I've made anything blog worthy but I have lots of new things that need to be inked up, so I am trying to get out of my funk.

My stash of birthday cards was non-existent so, where better to start? I grabbed my Simon Says Stamp set from the Color of Fun release and a sentiment from a cute Paper Smooches set, and got busy.


Add a few Pretty Pink Posh sequins and you've got a pretty biirthday card.


My inspiration was this card by Barb Dengler - 


 I should have stamped the sentiment first, then the flowers, but I was having so much fun with those flowers I guess I got a bit carried away. I couldn't get the leaf overlays to look right no matter what I did, so I ended up just leaving them off.

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and not suffering the same oppressive heat we've been having for the past few months. Ugh! Is it autumn yet??

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You're making cards again, and you made a winner too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I just dug myself out of a funk, too. It's so nice to stamp again, isn't it?

    I am in awe of people who can use those flower builder stamp sets. I just don't have that gene, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.