2/13/16

To The Moon, Alice!

Who remembers that show? Ah, the good old days :-)

I've seen so many of these galaxy backgrounds and I was just fascinated by how cool they look. Some of them seem really involved - 4 or 5 colors, blending till your arms fall off, spritzing and splattering with this and that, etc. I watched the videos (over and over again) and checked out the blog posts, and finally settled on this one from Jennifer McGuire.

It was much easier than I thought, and I love the way they turned out. 



So, I made a birthday card for my sweet (31 year old) baby girl. I cut out the moon using a circle die and added some tiny stars for the shaker bits.


After I put the whole thing together it occurred to me that there are no stars in or on the moon. It's art, just go with it, I said. So I did. She liked it and that's all that matters to me.

1 comment:

  1. You've created a wonderful galaxy! Perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love reading your comments.